Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We would like to tell you about our infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep our patients and our staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see the following changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to protect our patients and our Team.
- Our office will communicate with you prior to your visit to ask some screening questions. You may be asked these questions again at our office.
- We have hand sanitizer in multiple locations that we will ask you to use during your visit as well as entering our office.
- You will notice our waiting room is freshly painted and sanitized. There are no longer magazines or brochures. These items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow social distancing between patients. That may mean fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as reduce the number of patients in the reception area at one time.
- We will ask you to call us upon arrival and to remain in your car. We will let you know when we are ready for your appointment. Please wear your mask into the office.
- We have installed doors with clear glass panels on all our treatment room. We have placed medical grade UV air purifiers in each operatory as well. Our AC units are equipped with new HEPA air filters. Our front desk area has Plexiglass for safe communication and check out.
- Our Team will be donning more Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) such as eye wear, face shields, masks and gowns.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. To make an appointment please call our office at 941-921-2122 or visit our website www.deborahsimpkinsdmd.com
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, friends and families.
Dr. Simpkins and Team